WILLIAM DONALD SCHAEFER, Governor Ch. 196
6. 7. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That all persons who are, as
of June 30, 1993, classified or unclassified employees of the Department of Natural
Resources and whose positions are transferred to the Maryland Environmental Service by
this Act are hereby transferred to the Maryland Environmental Service, effective July 1,
1993, without any change or loss of rights or status, and shall retain their merit system and
retirement system status, except as otherwise specifically provided in this Act.
7. 8. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That, except as expressly
provided to the contrary in this Act, any transaction affected by or flowing from any
statute here amended, repealed, or transferred, and validly entered into before July 1,
1993, and every right, duty, or interest following from it remains valid after July 1, 1993
and may be terminated, completed, consummated, or enforced pursuant to law.
8. 9. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That, except as otherwise
provided in this Act, all rules and regulations, proposed rules and regulations, standards
and guidelines, proposed standards and guidelines, orders and other directives, forms,
plans, memberships, special funds, appropriations, grants, loans, applications and
commitments for grants and loans, contracts, properties, investigations, administrative
and judicial proceedings, rights to sue and be sued, and all other duties and
responsibilities associated with those functions transferred by this Act shall continue in
effect under the Maryland Environmental Service until complete, withdrawn, canceled,
modified, or otherwise changed pursuant to law.
9. 10. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That the terms of the
initial members of the Board of Directors of the Maryland Environmental Service shall
expire as follows:
(1) One public sector member and one private sector member in 1994;
(2) One public sector member and one private sector member in 1995; and
(3) One public sector member in 1996.
10. 11. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That Sections 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 of this Act shall take effect July 1, 1993.
7, 8, and 9
11. 12. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That Section 2 of this Act
shall take effect January 1, 1995.
12. 13. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That Section 4 5 of this
Act shall take effect June 1, 1993.
SECTION 14. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That Section 3 of this Act shall
take effect October 1, 1993.
Approved April 26, 1993.
- 1437 -