26. Cases at law Involving title to land
in Garrett county, pending at
time of creation of that county,
how to be proceeded with; re-
27. Equity cases relating to land now
in Garrett county to be con-
tinued in Allegany
28. Personal actions, removal to Gar-
rett, if no petition for removal
filed, circuit court for Allegany
to have jurisdiction.
29. Prior proceedings in such cases
valid, sheriff and surveyor of
Garrett to execute process issued
by circuit court for Allegany.
30. To be five.
31. Meetings of.
32. Shall classify their business.
33. May direct finger boards to be put
up at cross-roads.
34. Clerk to; bond.
35. Clerk's oath.
36. Compensation, power to admin-
37. Special tax to pay county bonds;
how to be levied, collected and
38. Shall insure all county buildings.
39. Appointed by commissioners, re-
movable at their pleasure, term
40. Bond; failure to give within ten
days after notice of appoint-
ment, to make a vacancy, com-
missioners to fill all vacancies.
41. Duties and compensation of treas-
urer; duties upon expiration of
County Tax Collectors.
42. Appointment, duties; bond, lia-
bility of, statement under oath
to commissioners; term; delin-
quent collectors not re-eligible.
43 Discount from face amount of
taxes, when allowed; interest
on, when to be charged.
44. Compensation; how to be levied
45. The corporation; seal; power to
purchase, hold and dispose of
property; purchase or alienation
of real estate of over the value
of ten thousand dollars, to be
submitted to voters, real estate
reverting to mayor and city
council, to be held
46. Survey and map of city; map to
be recorded; certified copy
prima facie evidence
47. Property belonging to city vested
in corporation; corporation may
receive in trust all moneys or
property bestowed on it.
48. Division into wards.
49. Mayor and city council to appoint
judges of election, judges of
election to appoint clerks; pow-
SO. Mayor; who eligible, who entitled
to vote for, his term.
51. City council; term; who eligible;
qualifications of electors.
52. Members of council to be possessed
of property to value of five hun-
53. Organization, when to meet for;
oath of councilman, of mayor.
54. President of council, mayor pro
55. City clerk; qualifications, duties,
records to be public; vacancy to
be filled by council, may be. re-
moved by council
56. Meetings of council
57. Compensation to clerk and other
58 Vacancies in city council, hi office